Our application puts the benefits of moderation within the reach of every teacher. It's the first education technology in the world to demystify assessment moderation and deliver real, meaningful results.
proEMA moderation techonology
- Improves marker confidence with realtime feedback for judgements
- Delivers an effective form of moderation without the need to pack and post materials and attend meetings
- Provides graphic representation of grades awarded with links to evidence in student work
- Offers unprecedented analysis of teacher and assessment performance through reports that are supported by a range of other proEMA products and services for improving assessment skills.
If you can use a mouse you can use the proEMA moderation system.
Analysis of advertisement for year 7 English teachers.
Advertising Task Student 3 for year 5 English teachers.
Advertising Task Student 2 for year 5 English teachers.
Writing standards descriptors requires careful consideration of language and vocabulary choices. proEMA supports by providing a 'wiki' style document that allows commentary and constant updating. proEMA assessment word wiki groups words and phrases around common criteria such as analysing, evaluating and communicating.
Criteria in the proEMA assessment word wiki match those used in the proEMA Assessment Builder. Each criterion is presented with an array of useful descriptive words and phrases. There are also accompanying notes about how to structure effective standards descriptors.
Development and implementation of high quality assessments is a pivotal step in the assessment process.
The proEMA assessment builder simplifies what has traditionally been a complex and sometimes laborious chore by using a simple question and answer template that does most of the work for you.
All you need to do is enter your answers to prompts and cues and the template will be completed and ready for download or printing as required. The proEMA Assessment Builder puts you a few clicks away from professional, standards compliant documents for the following frameworks:
- Queensland Curriculum Assessment and Reporting (QCAR)
- Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
- National Curriculum
The proEMA team provides professional development in customised and standard packages according to your needs. proEMA professional development packages are aligned with national and state-based professsional teacher standards. Recently presented sessions include:
- Standards based assessment -implications for assessment and reporting practice in schools.
- Raising the bar –closing the gap: Bringing together developments in standards based assessment for authentic rigorous teaching and learning in the contexts of literacy and numeracy across KLAs.
- Working with assessment standards for authentic rigorous teaching and learning.